Spells should not be uninterruptible based on the direction of casting.
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 220.127.116.11|
- Load attached save.
- Console:CreateCreature("spidsw") // Sword Spider with 4 attacks per round
- While Sword Spider is attacking Player1(asdf) ...
- Begin casting "Bless" with Player1(asdf), targeting the ground directly below the selection circle of Player2(Tutor).
- Casting does not get interrupted.
- Begin casting "Bless" with Player1(asdf), target the ground directly above the selection circle of Player2(Tutor).
- Casting is interrupted on first hit.
Casting a location/point targeted spell at certain angles relative to the caster prevents the normal spell disruption associated with taking damage.
Direction of casting should not have any influence on interruption.
Internal ticket #39642.
- Player1 has "minhp1" equipped for testing (so he doesn't die). Same results occur with normal HP survival.
- Non-interruption occurs whenever the targeted location is North-North-West, North-North-East, West-North-West, East-North-East, West-South-West, East-South-East, South-South-West, or South-South-East of the caster.
- Thread with relevant discussion: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1032904/#Comment_1032904
#1 Updated by William Blake about 1 month ago
- Subject changed from Location-targeted spells should not be uninterruptible based on the direction of casting. to Spells should not be uninterruptible based on the direction of casting.
Actor-targeted spells are similarly affected if they are not targeting the caster.
Self-targeted spells are not.