TazokSays blocks in AR2400.BCS and AR2900.BCS prevent further script blocks from firing
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||02/08/2018|
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 184.108.40.206|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 2.5.10|
1. Add the following block to the end of AR2900.BCS via NearInfinity or DLTCEP.
2. Start a new game with Abdel Adrian.
3. Go to AR2900. See the words "Hello There" above his head.
4. Go to AR1900. Watch Bandit Camp movie.
5. Go back to AR2900. No more "Hello There" words above Abdel's head.
Script blocks added to the ends of AR2400.BCS or AR2900.BCS will not execute once AR1900 has been entered.
Script blocks added to the ends of AR2400.BCS or AR2900.BCS execute even if AR1900 has been entered.
The area scripts for AR2400 and AR2900 contain the following blocks:
Since both blocks only depend on the variable TazokSays, and neither changes the variable, they both will continuously fire if TazokSays = 1. This has the effect of preventing any blocks appended to the ends of these BCS files from executing after the party has entered AR1900 (which sets TazokSays = 1).
Exists("Teven") checks to AR2400.BCS and AR2900.BCS, respectively, should fix the issue. This is what I do in BG1NPC to mitigate, and it seems to work fine.
FYI - This was initially reported in January 2015, but is still present in v2.5.10.