Bugged Cyrillic characters
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Found In Version:||74.8166||Category:||Original Content, Tool-set general, User Interface|
There was no such bug in NWN Diamond so it's definitely regression.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Put Russian fonts from attached archive into overwrite folder.
2. Load up any module to get into game.
3. Enter йцукен in the chat or whatever using Russian keyboard locale.
Expected result: йцукен appear in the chat input field.
Actual result: PCPPPC appear in the chat input field. Basically every single Cyrillic character is replaced by P and C.
#1 Updated by Julius Borisov over 1 year ago
Users also mention there's an issue with Spanish Ñ, see https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67565/con-n-de-espana-allow-language-special-chars#latest : language-specific letters should be possible to use in the chat.
#2 Updated by Sergey Pisarev about 1 year ago
- Found In Version changed from 74.8149 to 74.8166
- Category Original Content added
Today I noticed this bug too.
We can't write russian characters in player names, player biography, familiar names, journal notes and chat. (In original version of NWN it possible)
I hope that it will fixed in near update. Thank you!
#3 Updated by Bill Harper about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Submitted
- Category Tool-set general, User Interface added
Internal Report #33913
Hi, and thank you both for reporting this. It is something we're aware of, and it's currently on our list of things to fix. As soon as we have something ready and well-tested, we'll get it into the next public release. We apologize for the inconveniences this is currently causing you and others.