Make IE games fully moddable (including dialog.tlk) on mobile devices
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 18.104.22.168|
This request is based on the forum discussions between modders and other community members.
See posts on https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61521/2-0-update-eta/p5 starting by this one (by subtledoctor): https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/905320/#Comment_905320 and finishing by this one (by Luke93): https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/909798/#Comment_909798.
#1 Updated by Luke 93 over 1 year ago
Just to clarify: , but the procedure requires a desktop version of the game.
1) Install the mod(s) you want on the desktop version of the game;
2) zip all the files contained in the override folder; for example -> mod1.zip;
3) rename the archive to: mod1.bg1/bg2/iwdoverride;
4) e-mail it to yourself;
5) take your iOS device, tap onto the previous attachment and open it with BG:EE/BG2:EE/IWD:EE;
6) the app will launch;
7) take again your Mac/PC and zip the lang folder -> lang.zip;
8) rename it to: lang.bg1/bg2/iwddata;
9) e-mail it to yourself;
10) retake your iOS device, tap onto the previous attachment and open it with BG:EE/BG2:EE/IWD:EE;
11) restart the app for changes to take effect.
#3 Updated by Luke 93 over 1 year ago
The previous procedure is not straightforward. A possible solution (by subtledoctor):
"Honestly I don't know why Beamdog doesn't just allow the games to recognize DLC archives... the Steam and GOG versions already do, so it's a known mechanism. Then we could just package up install with the "DLC Builder" and email the homebrewed DLC to ourselves. Simple and sensible. (Heaven forbid!)"
#4 Updated by Luke 93 over 1 year ago
After further investigations, I can conclude that it is possible to mod these games even without a desktop version: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak