Arrows, Page Up and Page Down keys should be either not boundable or have their funcionality listed
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||08/08/2017|
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 188.8.131.52|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 184.108.40.206|
1. Go to Options -> Gameplay -> Assign Keys window
2. Press "Revert" to restore default bindings
3. Press arrows (they should scroll the game area) and Page Up down (they should expand or shrink the combat log)
4. Go to Options -> Gameplay -> Assign Keys menu again
5. Bind Arrow, Page Up and Page Down key to any option, for example "Inventory" and click "Done"
6. Go back to the game and try to use the newly bound key
The original feature of the unbound arrow/page up/down keys will either not work, or the newly bound feature will not work.
Arrow keys and Page Up/Down keys should either be impossible to bind or with the original ability should be reboundable.
Internal report #32799
It's worth noting, that there is possibility to bind a new keys, for example WASD, with the Scroll Up/Left/Down/Right bindings that will serve the same way as the original arrow keys, which results a (kind of useful) ability to scroll the map using both arrows and WASD or any other keys.
I only tested and observed the issue in BG:EE, but it may appear in other games as well.
#1 Updated by Faalagorn . about 2 years ago
The same affects Print Screen (which makes Screenshot while activating bound function at the same time) and F1-F12 keys, which can be bound and mostly work as expected but prevent use of the regular functionality of activating skills at the bottom bar in order.
Also, having things bound to various F keys seems to mess some shortcut tooltips, thought it probably warrants a separate bug entry – although if this bug get acknowledged and fixed, that issue might become redundant.
#2 Updated by Faalagorn . about 2 years ago
I experimented with the issue and it seems that binding something to F-keys don't mess the tooltips other than still having F-tooltip for F-keys (which may also require a change to not be shown depending on how this bug report gets solved), it was binding for Guard, Thieving and Stealth action. I made a detailed bug report about it on Bug #31996
#4 Updated by Richard Hilton about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [Linux] Arrows, Page Up and Page Down keys should be either not boundable or have their funcionality listed to Arrows, Page Up and Page Down keys should be either not boundable or have their funcionality listed
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Submitted