Right-clicking to view a spell's description should not reset the abilities bar in the UI
|Status:||Closed - Not an Issue||Start date:||08/10/2016|
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 184.108.40.206|
1) Play a Wild mage with Nahal's Reckless Dweomer (NRD) memorized and several other spells in your spellbook.
2) Cast NRD. Your wizard spells appear in the abilities bar at the bottom of the screen.
3) Right-click on one of those spells to read its description. After reading, click "okay" or hit the ESC key to return to the game.
Your abilities bar is back to normal - talk, attack, weapon1, weapon2, etc. You have not cast any spell - but NRD has been wiped from you memory as if you had cast it.
The list of spells should still be available and you should be able to choose one to cast. NRD should not be wasted for seeking information.
Not sure if this counts as bug report or feature request. Maybe a bit of both. This is really most problematic in the iOS/Android versions of the game. There is no mouseover text there, so you cannot even see each spell's name - you only have the icon to go by, and if you seek more information to guide your choice, you end up wasting a spell. This is likely to be especially frustrating for newer player who may not be familiar with every spell's icon.
#2 Updated by Anders Svensson over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Right-clicking to view a spell's description should not reset the abilities bar in th UI to Right-clicking to view a spell's description should not reset the abilities bar in the UI
- Description updated (diff)
- Classification changed from C - Minor to Public Item
#3 Updated by Richard Hilton over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Needs More Info
Right-clicking a short-listed spell does nothing in current retail builds as per the Found In Version stated, it does not open a spell description. Do you have any UI mods installed, or do the repro steps need to be revised?
Or was the report based on an tablet build prior to v2.3.