Border for memorized spells should be correct if level drained
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 184.108.40.206|
- Load the attached save game in SoA.
- Have Arya use the Energy Drain scroll on Aerie twice.
- Open Aerie's Mage Book and Priest Scroll.
Spells have been unmemorized but they can still have borders.
Spells are still memorized but they can lack borders.
Memorized/unmemorized spells should have correct borders.
Internal report #22367.
#1 Updated by Anders Svensson almost 3 years ago
- Project changed from BGII:EE Public Bugs to Infinity Engine Public Bugs
- Status changed from New to Submitted
- Found In Version changed from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
Spell memorization order is still honored but the black borders don't match after spells are lost. I'm linking up one of my tickets that have repro steps for the issue.
#2 Updated by Anders Svensson almost 3 years ago
- File 999001215-LevelDrain.zip added
- File Mage.jpg added
- File Priest.jpg added
- Subject changed from Spell memorization in alphabetical order to Border for memorized spells should be correct if level drained
- Description updated (diff)
In version 2.x Spells are memorized in spell slots in alphabetical order; also, when spell slots decrease the rightmost spells are lost. Since there is no way to choose the spell order, it is hard to prevent spells which are alphabetically last from being lost.
Previously, user had full control of spell memorization order which was useful in all situations where spell slots would change, such as: level drain, simulacrum spells, bonus spell slots from items.
Please add back a way to control spell memorization order or revert to the old way of memorizing.
#3 Updated by Petr "Pecca" Havlicek almost 3 years ago
The spell memorization order is not honored. It is always ordered alphabetically instead of by time of memorization. So when a "Burning Hands" spell is memorized it goes before all the memorized spells that start their names with "c" etc... The desired behavior is to have the spell memorized last to be on the latest free memorized slot, so the user can choose the order of memorized spells. That is the original bug report and has been misinterpreted.