French and several other languages not working anymore in beta 220.127.116.11 of BGEE
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||06/04/2016|
|Classification:||C - Minor||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 18.104.22.168|
|Found In Version:|
- Launch any of the following builds:
- Go to Options -> Language, select a language that uses both male and female TLKs:
Russian (only SoD Steam build affected)
Ukranian (only SoD Steam build affected)
- Click Done, quit and restart the game
- Check the in-game text, e.g. the BG1 intro movie subtitles (not the UI)
The game is in English. The localized male dialog.tlk is missing from the respective build.
The game should be in the selected language. The localized male dialog.tlk should not be missing.
Internal report #23960
Found with BGEE beta 22.214.171.124, Beamdog standalone client
- dialog.tlk file is missing in lang/fr_FR, dialogF.tlk is still present
- same thing happens in de_DE, es_ES, it_IT, ja_JP, pl_PL, pt_BR, I guess these languages are not working anymore too
This can be fixed by asking to fix the installation, even after removing the 00764 directory.
This is new to 126.96.36.199. Version 188.8.131.52 didn't have this problem.
This has been reported by a Steam user too : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/782399/#Comment_782399