Story Mode protections should apply to the Familiar as well as party members
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||05/12/2016|
|Classification:||C - Minor||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 184.108.40.206|
|Found In Version:|
- Start a new BG:SoD Game
- Create a New Mage or Sorcerer Class Character.
- During Spell selection, make sure to take "Find Familiar" from the level 1 spells.
- Select "Story Mode" as your Difficulty.
- Start a new game, skip the opening sequence and conversation with Imoen.
- Move up to the bridge across the chasm in the first floor of the Safehouse.
- Cast "Find Familiar" on the main character.
- Move the familiar across the bridge and attack the group.
- Familiar will get squashed in a matter of seconds.
- CHARNAME will lose Constitution and HP for the loss of his/her familiar.
- Unlike other summoned creatures, a familiar comes with a significant downside to losing them, if the player is playing on story mode, the invulnerability protection really needs to apply to the familiar as well as the Player/NPC Party Members.
Internal reports #23552 (BG1) and #23723 (BG2)
- It is NOT expected that other non-permanent summoned creatures are protected (such as those summoned with Monster Summoning 1 or the Shaman Dance)...but the mage's familiar is a special case.