Localized sound files should not play the wrong sound in the Beamdog build
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||05/18/2016|
|Classification:||C - Minor||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 184.108.40.206|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 220.127.116.11|
Internal report: #22765
- Launch the Beamdog SoD build
- Go to Options -> Sound, set the voice volume to 100%
- Go to Options -> Language, set the language to German for example, quit and restart the SoD build
- Select the BG1 campaign
- Start a new BG1 game
- Listen to the voice-over on the prologue chapter text
You hear city ambients.
You should hear the prologue narration: "Hoch auf den Klippen oberhalb der Schwertküste ..."
All languages with localized VO are affected. As of v18.104.22.168, the following sound files inside the language-specific BIFs are not the sounds they are in the base BG:EE build:
#1 Updated by Filip Flechtner over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Polish voice-over for first half of prolog is changed by english voices to Localized sound files should not play the wrong sound in the Beamdog build
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Submitted
- Target version set to Next Update
- Found In Version changed from Next Update to 22.214.171.124
This is a known issue, so I have updated the description with our internal bug report.
Polish voice-over for first half of prolog is changed by english voices
1) Change language for polish in Options.
2) Start new game
3) Listen to the prolog
First half of prolog has english voices (not even matched to it). After like 10s prolog is normally finished in polish voice-over.
All prolog should be read in proper polish voice.