Chance to learn spell from scroll should not treat a kitted bard as a specialised mage
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 126.96.36.199|
Internal report: #24026
1. Load the attached save.
2. Confirm the following: The protagonist (name Alonso) is a level 9 bard. His intelligence is 22. All the spells stored in his inventory are levels 1-3, i. e., within the levels he can cast.
3. Try to learn all the spells in his inventory and write down the results.
4. Repeat 1-3 until you consider your data is significant enough. Note that the results are different each time you load the game.
86% rate of success from a sample of 50 attempts, i. e., 43 learned and 7 failed.
98% rate of success.
#3 Updated by Darion Magnus almost 3 years ago
I too have experienced this issue on numerous play through's. The 'chance to learn' percentage rates are not being calculated properly for certain types of arcane spell casters. In several tests I have seen between double and triple the expected number of failures. This is with non-specialist mages learning spells at or below their spell caster level.
#4 Updated by Jamie Beadle almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from [Windows] Too many failures when learning spells to Chance to learn spell from scroll should not treat a kitted bard as a specialised mage
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Submitted
- Found In Version changed from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
After some poking around, I've found that this is an original BG2 bug. Reported internally.