Journal entry for "The Fishermen and the Priestess" should appear correctly in the journal
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||04/19/2016|
|Classification:||Public Item||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 22.214.171.124|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 126.96.36.199|
- Load the attached save game.
- Talk to Telman; select ( 1 )
- Open the journal and try to expand the heading "The Fishermen and the Priestess"
Nothing is shown when the heading is expanded.
Journal entry 27439 is shown:
The Fishermen and the Priestess
I have agreed to aid the fishermen north of the Friendly Arm by getting rid of a priestess of Umberlee. They claim she has harassed and killed a number of them. She lives just east of the bridge to Baldur's Gate.
The heading disappears if you save and reload.
Internal report #23012.
#2 Updated by Anders Svensson over 3 years ago
- File 900000097-Fishermen.zip added
- Subject changed from [Windows 10] "The fishermen and the priestess" Journal entry not displaying correctly and disappearing after loading. to Journal entry for "The Fishermen and the Priestess" should appear correctly in the journal
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Submitted
- Found In Version changed from Next Update to 188.8.131.52
As with Neera's journal entries, Bug #22822, and Taerom's, Bug #22899, after siding with Sonner and killing Tenya the quest was marked complete. There were quite a few entries along the quest that did not display correctly or in the correct order (depending on your dialogue choices). After testing a while I got the game to add the entries of my evil deeds in the order I wished but when I spoke to Sonner I got no Journal popup and the Journal entry did not display anything anymore. After reloading it banished completely.
Sadly I didn't remember this when I picked up the game today so I can only offer a save a few in-game days later where you can see, Tenya is gone (dead), Sonner and friends have gone to plunder the seas and there's no journal entry. If it helps, I followed the dialogue options that would let you extort as much as 120gp from Sonner and a magic flail along 1000xp. I haven't been able to reproduce the entry disappearing completely in a new game but it still does not display correctly after completing the quest this way.
No mods installed, brand new 2.1632 save and installation. And again, I'm not sure if this is relevant but I'm playing BGEE through the SOD interface.