The Adventurer's Guide should not contain errors
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||04/09/2016|
|Classification:||C - Minor||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 22.214.171.124|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 126.96.36.199|
1. Open the Adventurer's Guide.
2. Go to page 87-88.
1) The Chant spell description is significantly different to how it works and the description in the game.
2) The Hold Person spell has the wrong casting time. The priest version of this should have a Casting Time of 5.
1) It should say that the Chant spell doesn't raise the maximum damage roll, but rather only the minimum. Also that the enemies' damage rolls are reduced by one per die, except for the weapon's base damage, as per the in-game spell description; so 3d6 becomes 3d5 and so on. The same is true for the Luck spell on page 60, with the minimum damage, reduced damage for non-weapon attacks, and +5% to all thieving skills.
2) Hold Person (Priest) has Casting Time 5, whereas the Wizard variant is 3. (Tested this, and the wizard spell is always faster.) This should be changed to Casting Time 5 on the Priest description. Also, the Area of Effect should be "1 Creature and any enemy within 7.5 feet." The latter is also true for the Wizard version on page 62.
Internal report #22658.