The Adventurer's Guide should not contain omissions and errors
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||04/06/2016|
|Classification:||C - Minor||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 188.8.131.52|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 184.108.40.206|
- Open the Adventurer's Guide note that it has some omissions and errors.
1. a) On page 16, The Berserker reads "The Berserker may only achieve Specialization with ranged weapons". This should be "The Berserker can not Specialize in ranged weapons."
b) It should say that the Berserker's Rage ability lasts for 1 turn.
2. On page 16, it should say that the Kensai's Kai ability can be used "Once per day, plus an additional time per day for every four levels in this class."
3. On page 17, it should say that the Dwarven Defender's Defensive Stance lasts for 1 turn.
4. On page 17, it could be clarified that the Barbarian's movement speed is "2 points" faster than normal.
5. On page 20, the Cavalier's Remove Fear description goes "Once per day, the Cavalier may cast Remove Fear, as the spell." It should say that it's once per day per level.
6. On page 20 and 21, the Undead Hunter, Inquisitor, and Blackguard all say "Instead of the Paladin’s normal set of immunities, X is immune to only Y". Noting "*only*", this line is confusing, since it's not clear what "immunities" of the normal Paladin they refer to. I assume it's concerning the Paladin's Saving Throw bonus? Could change the text to that if so.
7. a) On page 21, the Blackguard's Poison Weapon ability description is completely different to the in-game description. The game description seems to be way it currently works in the game, so maybe this was changed? If so, the manual text should be updated accordingly.
b) On page 22, it should say that the Blackguard's Aura of Despair ability lasts for 1 turn.
8. On page 24, it should say that the Shapeshifter's Werewolf Shapeshift ability is "Once per day, plus an additional time for every two levels in this class" instead of "for every two levels".
9. On page 24, it should say that the Avenger's wizard spells are gained incrementally at levels 1-6.
10. On page 25, on the Jester's Song ability, it should say that the enemies have to roll to save once every round.
11. a) On page 25, the Blade's Offensive Spin ability should say that you can use it "Once per day, plus an additional time for every four levels in this class" instead of "for every four levels"
b) Same as above, but with Defensive Spin.
12. a) On page 26, it should say that the Monk's Stunning Palm ability can be used "Once per day, plus an additional time for every four levels in this class" instead of "for every four levels".
b) It could be clarified that the Monk is 2 points faster than normal, and that it gains 1 more point for every five levels.
c) It should say that the Monk's Quivering Palm ability can be used once per day.
d) Minor ordering mistake. Quivering Palm should be between Speed Factor and Magic Resistance.
13. a) On page 27, it says Dark Moon Monks have +2 saving throw bonus against illusion spells, whereas the game instead says they have a 10% bonus to Detect Illusion and that they may invest points in Detect Illusion. The game seems to function as per the game text, so this should be changed.
b) On the Frozen Fist ability, it should say it lasts for 1 turn instead of "one round per level for this class". At least testing this seems to be 1 turn.
14. a) On page 27, it should say that the Sun Moon Monk's Sun Soulray ability maxes out at 5d8.
b) Minor ordering mistake. Flaming Fists should be between Sun Soulray and Greater Sun. Unless the reasoning for this is the table below it?
15. a) On page 29, the Shadowdancer's Thieving Abilities should be 20 per level beyond the first, instead of 15.
b) It should say that the Shadowdancer gets a +10 bonus to Hide in Shadows and Move Silently; it's currently missing completely.
16. On page 34, it should say that the Shamanic Dance maxes out at 75%.
17. Fireball is not listed at all in the list of spells on page 53. It should be between Flame Arrow and Ghost Armor under 3rd-level spells.
18. a) Monster Summoning II appears twice instead of Monster Summoning III on page 53 and 71.
b) On page 67, I suspect that Monster Summoning II's description should say "4 HD monsters" instead of "moderately powerful monsters", if not just for consistency's sake.
19. On page 106, under the Shaman header, "Implosio" is missing an "n", so it should be "Implosion".
No omissions and errors.
Internal report #22506.
#1 Updated by Marty Renzoku over 3 years ago
1. a) On page 16, The Berserker reads "The Berserker may only achieve Specialization with ranged weapons". This should be "The Berserker may only achieve Specialization with melee weapons."
Actually, the game wording "The Berserker can not Specialize in ranged weapons." is probably much more preferable.
#3 Updated by Anders Svensson over 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
- Subject changed from Adventurer's Guide Omissions And Errors to The Adventurer's Guide should not contain omissions and errors
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Submitted
- Assignee deleted (
#5 Updated by Marty Renzoku over 3 years ago
Something of a minor update, but the Paladin's Detect Evil information on Page 20 states "Three times per day, plus an additional time for
every level in this class beyond the first".
It is actually incorrect, as you start with 4 uses at level one.
So it should be just "Three times per day, plus an additional time for
every level in this class" or "Four times per day, plus an additional time for every level in this class beyond the first".
#6 Updated by Marty Renzoku over 3 years ago
Another update. The backstab description on the Thief class on page 28 omits to mention the +4 to hit bonus.
The text should clarify that a backstab strike gets +4 to hit and possibly also that only weapons that are permissible by the single-class thief gets the damage bonus. The to hit bonus applies to any melee weapon.
#9 Updated by Marty Renzoku over 3 years ago
On page 13, under the Dwarf's Resilient ability, it reads "Dwarves receive a +2 bonus to Saving Throws vs. Paralysis/Poison/Death and Rod/Staff/Wand." This should also apply to Saving Throws vs. Spells.
Also, on page 39, under Specialization and Mastery, there is no note of increased Speed Factor. This should be -1 Speed Factor at High Mastery, and -3 Speed Factor at Grand Mastery.