Game should not crash when trying to save
|Status:||Closed - Fixed||Start date:||04/04/2016|
|Classification:||C - Minor||Due date:|
|Target version:||Public Bug Reports - 22.214.171.124|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 126.96.36.199|
- Put the attached save game in the BG:EE save folder.
- Start a new BG:EE game and select Baldur's Gate > Single Player > Load Game.
- Note that the save game you added is not listed.
- Load another save game.
- Open Options and click on Save Game twice.
The game crashes.
The game opens the save game screen.
Crash dump attached.
Internal report #22989.
#4 Updated by Nicholas Green over 3 years ago
- File Baldur_s Gate - Enhanced Editionold.zip added
I found a workaround in the Baldur's Gate forum thread https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50322/cant-save-game ; by renaming my Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder under My Documents and letting the game automatically create a new folder I can save again with no problems. It seems like the issue goes beyond one save game, so I'm uploading the entire BG:EE folder under which saves weren't working.
#5 Updated by Anders Svensson about 3 years ago
- File 000000004-Arlen.zip added
- File dump.188.8.131.52.0000.dmp.zip added
- Subject changed from Crash when clicking "save" main menu in BG:EE from either Baldur's Gate EE or Siege of Dragonspear launchers to Game should not crash when trying to save
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Submitted
Started new game in BG:EE after installing Siege of Dragonspear, visited main menu to save, but screen froze and windows trilled with the pop-up sound, which said that the game encountered an error and needed to close. Restarted game, loaded the auto-save and continued playing. Happened again when I visited the main menu after completing the prologue.
Seems to happen with new BG:EE games; Existing BG:EE saves and Siege of Dragonspear saves don't trigger the crash.