[Windows, Beamdog] You should be able to turn off the Help tips by clicking the Help tab again
|Status:||Closed - Dupe||Start date:||03/11/2016|
|Classification:||C - Minor||Due date:|
|Found In Version:||Public Bug Reports - 126.96.36.199|
1. Launch BG2EE and start a new game
2. After the initial dialogue, click the Help tab (the one with the question mark)
3. Try to click the Help tab again
The Help menu doesn't go when you click the Help tab again, so you have to click "Inventory" to take it off.
The Help menu goes away after you click the Help tab again, just as it was the case in the previous versions.
Tested on Windows XP.
#2 Updated by Julius Borisov over 3 years ago
- File yt-2016-mar-12-004.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-005.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-006.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-007.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-008.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-009.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-010.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-011.jpg added
- File yt-2016-mar-12-012.jpg added
Strange that you haven't been able to reproduce it. This is what I see when click the Help tab after the first time (the screenshots are attached). Maybe the clock can serve as a clue that the screenshots are made one-by-one in each second, i.e. I click and click and click, but the Help menu doesn't go away.
#3 Updated by Julius Borisov over 3 years ago
- File 000000017-Shaman ToB.rar added
Ok, at least on my PC I've managed to create a save loading which in 100% cases lets you see this bug. It's a save from ToB.
I load it and click the Help tab. After that I can't take the Help menu off. The same happens if I click the Quick Loot bar symbol - after that it won't go away. Try it, please.
#5 Updated by Jamie Beadle over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs More Info
Unable to reproduce in 188.8.131.52 on Windows XP. I have also attempted to deliberately use non-Latin characters in the engine.lua file, still no luck -- tooltips seem to work fine.
Can you also attach your Baldur.LUA file?
#6 Updated by Julius Borisov over 3 years ago
- File Baldur.zip added
That bug involves using non-Latin characters not only in the engine.lua file but also in the path to the my documents BG folder, like C:\Documents and Settings\Ana\Мои документы\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition
I'm sure it's connected to that bug.
I've tried once again the attached save - downloaded it and ran. The bug I'm describing here repeated.
This is my baldur.lua file.